- 1Slash Chords Tutorial15:05
- 2Cluster Voicings Tutorial15:50
- 3Major Minor Upper Structures22:39
- 4My One & Only Love25:53
- 5Like Someone In Love Tutorial26:25
- 6Round Midnight Tutorial21:34
- 7Time Remembered Tutorial22:40
- 8Darn That Dream Tutorial18:57
- 9Darn That Dream Part 213:49
- 10Midnight Mood – Joe Zawinul24:15
This course pays special attention to the chords that students tend to find difficult. Slash Chord may look intimidating but once you understand what the notation means, you will be able to navigate them with ease.
A nice contrast to open position voicings are Cluster Voicings. These densely packed groups of notes create interesting textures and are a useful tool in solo piano performance.
We then explore Major & Minor Upper Structures. By now you should be familiar with dominant upper structure voicings and so we can apply the same concept to major and minor chords. By visualising minor and major chords in two separate parts, it will give you access to a winder variety of voicings for the same chord. You can manipulate a simple voicing by inverting and doubling notes of the upper structure.
The course contains 6 advanced jazz standard arramgements where we apply all of the course theory topics in context of actual tunes.