1. Theory Lessons
- 1. 1Major Minor Upper Structures22:39
- 1. 2Slash Chords Tutorial00:44
- 1. 3Cluster Voicings Tutorial15:50
2. Jazz Standard Studies
- 2. 1My One & Only Love00:45
- 2. 2Like Someone In Love Tutorial26:25
- 2. 3Round Midnight Tutorial21:34
- 2. 4Time Remembered Tutorial22:40
- 2. 5Darn That Dream Tutorial18:57
- 2. 6Darn That Dream Part 213:49
- 2. 7Midnight Mood – Joe Zawinul24:15
- 2. 8In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning31:56
- 2. 9How To Play Like Beegie Adair01:14:20
This course pays special attention to the chords that students tend to find difficult. Slash Chord may look intimidating but once you understand what the notation means, you will be able to navigate them with ease.
A nice contrast to open position voicings are Cluster Voicings. These densely packed groups of notes create interesting textures and are a useful tool in solo piano performance.
We then explore Major & Minor Upper Structures. By now you should be familiar with dominant upper structure voicings and so we can apply the same concept to major and minor chords. By visualising minor and major chords in two separate parts, it will give you access to a winder variety of voicings for the same chord. You can manipulate a simple voicing by inverting and doubling notes of the upper structure.
The course contains 6 advanced jazz standard arramgements where we apply all of the course theory topics in context of actual tunes.