- 1.Slash Chords Tutorial15:05
- 2.Cluster Voicings Tutorial15:50
- 3.Major Minor Upper Structures22:39
- 4.My One & Only Love25:53
- 5.Like Someone In Love Tutorial26:25
- 6.Round Midnight Tutorial21:34
- 7.Time Remembered Tutorial22:40
- 8.Darn That Dream Tutorial18:57
- 9.Darn That Dream Part 213:49
- 10.Midnight Mood – Joe Zawinul24:15
This course pays special attention to the chords that students tend to find difficult. Slash Chord may look intimidating but once you understand what the notation means, you will be able to navigate them with ease.
A nice contrast to open position voicings are Cluster Voicings. These densely packed groups of notes create interesting textures and are a useful tool in solo piano performance.
We then explore Major & Minor Upper Structures. By now you should be familiar with dominant upper structure voicings and so we can apply the same concept to major and minor chords. By visualising minor and major chords in two separate parts, it will give you access to a winder variety of voicings for the same chord. You can manipulate a simple voicing by inverting and doubling notes of the upper structure.
The course contains 6 advanced jazz standard arramgements where we apply all of the course theory topics in context of actual tunes.