- 1.Working With Singers: Goals & Expectations14:21
- 2.Accompanying Singers: Melody, Harmony & Bass15:14
- 3.Piano Accompaniment Techniques: Adding Fills18:18
- 4.Taking Solos & Ending The Tune18:46
- 5.Transposing For The Jazz Musician21:00
- 6.“Summertime” Simple Voicings09:43
- 7.“Summertime” Advanced Accompaniment14:44
- 8.“Autumn Leaves” – Vocal Backing Track03:23
- 9.“Summertime” Ballad Play-A-Long05:08
- 10.“Summertime” Medium Play-A-Long03:29
“How To Accompany Singers” is a vocal accompaniment taught by Lyndol Descant – a singer, jazz pianist, and composer – based out of Brooklyn, NYC. Lyndol shares a wealth of insight from her extensive musical education and also from her experience performing on the NYC jazz scene.
This course will teach you:
— How to work with singers to achieve their best performance.
— What chords and voicings to play underneath a singer.
— When (and when not!) to play the melody.
— How to start and end the tune when working with vocalists.
— How to take a solo, and how to accompany a singer’s scat solo!
— How to transpose songs to find the right key for every voice.
— Exercises and drills to develop your ability to sing and play.
Jazz Standard Singing Tutorials
The theory and concepts are applied to the famous tunes "Autumn Leaves", and "Summertime". Learn to sing and play over these classic jazz standards.
A Unique Insight Into Vocal Accompaniment
Lyndol gives a rare and unique insight into the art of accompaniment from the perspective of both the singer and the jazz pianist. To create this course, we were specifically looking for a teacher who could sing and play jazz piano. Lyndol is a master at both of these arts.
Whether you sing and play yourself, or if you want to learn to accompany others, this step-by-step course is packed with actionable tips and insight to take you to the next level.
Learn To Sing & Play With Lyndol
If you aspire to sing and play yourself, check out Lyndol’s course on "How to Sing & Play" which provides a number of vocal drills and exercises to help you develop your voice and your abilities as a singing pianist.