The Multiple Dimensions Of Music
In this 5-min masterclass, Jovino explains the multiple dimensions of music.
We listen to music in a linear fashion; from start to finish. In that sense, many of us perceive music in a linear fashion. Also when we look at the written score, we see music moving from left to right. Again this is a very linear way of perceiving music.
As a musician, it’s important to understand the multiple dimensions of music and how this can be applied to our own playing.
In this masterclass Jovino explores the following concepts:
- The flow of music from a linear perspective
- The vertical element of music
- The rhythmic element of music
- The gravitational pull of music
The ideas covered in this lesson are abstract concepts designed to broaden our musical horizons.
These ideas should increase our musical curiosity about how music moves in a multi-dimensional space.
- If you have any questions with the topics covered we welcome all questions in our community area: https://www.pianogroove.com/community/