1. Theory Lessons
- 1. 1Diminished Chords Basics09:35
- 1. 2Half Whole Diminished Scale18:55
2. Jazz Standard Studies
- 2. 1Someday My Prince Will Come17:14
- 2. 2Stardust Intro Tutorial16:30
- 2. 3Stardust Tutorial22:11
- 2. 4Embraceable You Tutorial19:27
- 2. 5Embraceable You Part 214:58
- 2. 6Someone To Watch Over Me Intro15:31
- 2. 7Someone To Watch Over Me Tutorial25:24
- 2. 8Unforgettable Tutorial35:04
Diminished Harmony is an interesting area of study for the jazz piano student.
Diminished chords are effectively dominant 7b9 chord in disguise. Understanding this relationship will bring a lot of clarity to your understanding of the harmonic purpose of diminished chords
The jazz standard lessons in this course contain examples of diminished harmony so that you understand how to apply these principles in context of actual tunes.
Course video filmed by CWPhotographics